Saturday, September 22, 2007

Proton Persona: Price vs Quality


My latest affection is the new Proton Persona. Many people lost their trust in proton. For me, with recent change of management, I have more confidence in buying proton car. Their promise is that they already changed the parts and flaw which they identified in previous model i.e. Gen 2.

As for me, my family have been using proton made cars for years and I think is value for money. Despite the usual maintenance, of course some parts, bits and pieces needed to be changed after 3 or 4 years. I, myself is currently using a second hand satria and it still works very well and can go up to 150km/h with its 1.3L engine.

Thanks to paultan.org, before they launched the Persona, I managed to have a brief idea on how the persona or what people claim as Gen2 sedan via computer generated images posted in his blog. My view is that Persona is how Gen2 should look like when it was launched a couple years ago. A better passenger space, boot space and better interior. Running on 1.6L Campro engine (similar to Proton Waja's engine capacity), I think Persona is best fit for those who want impulsive riding + less fuel consumption. I have friends in Proton and they said that the current Proton Waja model is the most fuel economic car when it comes to long distance journey.

In terms of price compared to cars of its class (Myvi, Honda City, Toyota Vios), Persona is better being a Malaysian Product besides Myvi, which does not have any huge import tax imposed on it plus its an upgrade version of a previous model.

Proton Persona 1.6AT H-Line Metallic – RM55,800
Proton Persona 1.6AT M-Line Metallic – RM52,800 (my choice)
Proton Persona 1.6MT M-Line Metallic – RM49,800
Proton Persona 1.6AT B-Line Metallic – RM48,449
Proton Persona 1.6AT B-Line Solid – RM47,999
Proton Persona 1.6MT B-Line Metallic – RM45,449
Proton Persona 1.6MT B-Line Solid – RM44,999


I've ordered mine and very eager to get and experience the difference in its handling and comfort (which many pioneer test drivers had claimed so). For sure It'll be better than my Satria which has served me well for the past 3 years. I just want to change to a 4 doors cars with a higher engine capacity and more rooms in the luggage compartment (where I can put my 12" speaker box and still have more rooms for other stuff). Wink2. OK guys, I'll share my driving experience soon when I get my new "TOY". transmission ends...

6 comments:

  1. hehehe dah dpt keter kang jgn luper ajak aku naik skali.

    letak link aku beb. kat blog aku aku dah letak link hang

    http://silentbobroy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. urait2 bro..nanti gua bawak lu jalan2..pergh..tak saba nih

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey , how proton persona?i heard many ppl said its high fuel consumption and gt lots of problem.is tat real?i m considering buy a proton persona or myvi

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for not replying earlier. For me have no problem so far. Well, if you use it carefully and maintain its service no problem. Maybe why people said high fuel consumption is due to its small tank size. Depends on what you want. I was like you, persona or myvi. I choose persona due to its boot size and its heavier thank myvi. So, when you drive the car at high speed, you wont be affected so much by the crossing wind or F1 bus driver..:)..hope this helps

    ReplyDelete