Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Wise Man Can Teach You Millions

"One day of sitting across the table talking to a wise man is worth ten years of reading books" -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow-

Saw this on the club house's wall while playing golf with my mates this morning. The words catches my eyes instantly and I thought to share it with everybody. I totally agree with it as a wise man can share with you million things.

As an example, you are better off talking to one about current affairs rather than turning the pages of your local newspaper which only offers you politics, gossips and lots of pictures which in the end will distract you more. You can exchange ideas and views and at the same time increase your ability to critically judge any issues and broaden your thinking horizon.

I always enjoy the company of a wiser people (at least wiser than me). They will share with you their experiences (although at one stage during the conversation you'll feel like they are just bragging about themselves) which you can put into practice. Of course you'll hear "I did this", "I did that", "I would do this" and in return you will say "oh yeah", "really?", "and then...". But don't let the conversation to just be another conversation or for the other people to raise their self esteem. In one ear out the other. Try to get the best out of the conversation. Definitely you'll learn a lot of things.

Well thats all from me folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment